Palm Beach (Part 1)
My recent visit to Palm Beach left me with an amazing cappuccino from the Cafe Bolud in The Brazilian Court. This is where I met a ton of very sweet servers and left with a cocktail napkin list of "local" fare to try! I made it to the first four on the list and they did not disappoint. My weekend was booked solid second shooting under an esteemed wedding photographer from Virginia, Patricia Lyons, let's just say Bath and Tennis Club, The Four Seasons and The Four Arts Garden were everything.
Back to that list.
1. Buccan Sandwich - this little sandwich shop is where Patricia and I were able to sneak off for a minute during our busy day scouting. The New York style deli bread was the perfect company to fresh greens, heirloom tomatoes and smoked tuna. Little mustard seeds popped gave it that extra pop of flavor, I would go back!
2. Cucina Dell'Arte or just Cucina - a Southern Italian fare that has an ample mix of freshness and great atmosphere. On my way out of Palm Beach I stopped in to grab a cappuccino and a kale salad topped with blueberries, apples, crispy quinoa and a citrusy vinaigrette. Everything was bright and flavorful and the cinnamon sprinkle on the cappuccino was the cherry on top.
3. Pastry Heaven - A good cup of Joe and solid blueberry scone coming in at 4 bucks was pretty dang awesome for prime Palm Beach. The scone was more biscuit style and definitely had a healthy serving of butter.
4. Cafe Boulud - I was only able to grab a cappuccino but it was a little bit of heaven in a cup. The foam was foamy and espresso smooth. The atmosphere is understated luxury in The Brazilian Court definitely on my list to spend more time next trip.
5. Nick and Johnnies - I had planned on stopping here and grabbing my to-go but it looked like such a happening and fun place with friends that I am saving it to experience it that way. Any place preferred by locals that calls themselves an airy seafood bar with American eats is always on my list to try.
6. Echo - was referred as a great place to grab a few sushi rolls but they also have a great Dim Sum selection and sunomono salad that sounds amazing and is always a favorite of mine so it is on the list to try. Also, any excuse to grab a bite and hang around The Breakers is fine by me.
7. HMF at The Breakers - Everything about The Breakers is iconic Palm Beach and I am in love with the Old British and Florida feelings this place gives me. Their dinner menu looks tantalizing and on the must try list with good company.
8. Amici - A wonderful looking sandwich and fresh pizza spot. It would make a perfect lunch on my next trip down though deciding between the Margherita Pizza or a Caprese Sandwich may not be an easy decision.
9. Renato - Any place that has a Gazpacho as a permanent on the menu is a winner in my book! Renato's is located smack on Worth Avenue and boasts of an Italian cuisine with modern flair. I cannot wait to give it a go.
10. Cafe 155 at The Colony - sandwich shop at The Colony hotel. I did try to go here because all the decor of this place tugs at my heart strings but they were closed on Sunday. Still on the must try list.
11. Palm Beach Grill - Another local on the list that did not look like a fun place to eat alone but rather with good company definitely on the must try list.